The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services reports that regular exercise reduces the risk of developing some of the leading causes of illness in the United State and improves health in the following ways:
- Reduces the risk of developing heart disease;
- Reduces the risk of developing diabetes;
- Reduces the risk of developing high blood pressure;
- Reduces blood pressure in people who already have high blood pressure;
- Reduces the risk of developing colon and breast cancer;
- Helps to maintain a healthy weight;
- Helps build and maintain healthy bones, muscles, and joints;
- Helps older adults to become stronger and better able to move about without falling;
- Reduces feelings of depression and anxiety; and
- Promotes psychological well-being.
How can you afford NOT to include regular physical activity in your life! Start being active today!